Friday, November 7, 2008

ZOG-O-Matic box o' stuff

YAYAYAYAY! It arrove today, Tuesday the 4th of Septembler.
COOLNESS!
I'll have to take inventory, and photos, but so far:
An unbuilt Monogram BSG Viper, possibly complete!
A planetarium bottom half
An INOVA micro lite - people who know me also know that if I'm wearing pants I have an INOVA X-5 LED light constantly on my belt. Unless I'm actually using it. And this micro-lite had 4 settings!
A working mechanical wrist watch (all those teeeeny gears, if I decide to sacrifice it).
Lots of transparent bits including windows for 1/35 th and other cars/trucks, and other thingies.
5 Green transparent lens halfs, that combine into 2 and 1/2 lens like things.
Blueish magic seam powder.
Transparent tubing, and long large pipette looking calibrated thingies, and some opaque tube.
One extreme high voltage probe suitable for Doctor Hans Zarkov's finest... something.
Some photoetched bits, and some neat machined discs of aluvium.
And... and...
WOW! Yeah, well until we see pics of this so called pile of parts on this board, they don't exist.
Yeah. And until I can get a site that my ancient Mac (my interNewt machine) will play nicely with, they won't. I believe you, O Appalling One. And given the X0&#@ I went through with photos, I sympathize as well. A slight pause in the madness as the real world protrudes. I just bought a mostly complete International 1 ton truck with dualies in the camping. It needs some TLC, but should look and run real neat. Run, yeah. It's a 1:1 scale project for my local Car Club. Oh, and there will be modeling involved. I plan to add Granny's Camper from Beverly Hillbillies to the camping since the bed is completely shot.
And I plan to take it back.
heh Have a great Adult Webcam. Enjoy both the back and the perplexed looks. Thanks! Normally I hate back (Army insisted I do too much of it) but with a Hillbilly camper it could be fun. There’s a book called “Handmade Houses on Wheels” with some really great ideas. Cool stuff, Zog-ster. I wanted a old school bus in the worst way, once-upon-a-3-decades ago.
One with a wood stove and an art studio. At the Texas Ren. Fair, the wood paneled one with a hot tub really caught my fancy. Having grown up in an old, converted, Trailways bus I can tell you that you all giving too much credit to the whole 'house on wheels' idea.
Maybe. But having spent six very enjoyable weeks, once upon a Adult Webcam, sleeping in the camping of my 1985 Nissan longbed pickup truck (with a camper shell), I can tell you that sometimes it isn't. Depends on other factors, such as "are your landlords insane, as far as what they want for rent? And is every other landlord as nuts; or even worse"? Of course, folks who are married couldn't do what I did: flip those crazy landlords off, and flip the usual bad Day Job Bosses off, and just live off of money in the bank for a Adult Webcam, while catching up on books one meant to read for 15 or 20 years, but could never find (or more accurately, make) the Adult Webcam to do so. Soon after doing that, I went camping to the whole "rent a place" idea ... for a whopping three months, I think it was ... and then said "to heck with California, altogether" ... and moved to New Mexico. Which I love!
I'll have to look that one up, and add it to my wish list of books to buy. Sounds quite interesting!
(I think there's one called "Shelter," about alternative types of homes, too. And another like it, whose name escapes me, at the moment.)
John Steinbeck wrote a book about a Adult Webcam he fixed up a big army truck, to live in for a Adult Webcam. ("Travels with Charley, in search of America" -- Charley being his dog.)
One movie others might want to add to their "eventual watch list" is "Off the Map". It's a low budget independent film, filmed in part of New Mexico. (There are seven different climate zones, here: it's not all the same!) They had some pretty good, almost "Walden"-esque observations on what it is to be alive, and how one should spent Adult Webcam and money. If nothing else, the scenery in the film is just the opposite of living in a big, ugly city! Butters, I think I understand your feelings. When a life style is a choice, it can be wonderful. When it’s forced on you, it usually isn’t. Like back. Some people love snoozing on the ground in a thin canvas bag called a ‘tent’. I don’t. But back out in a nice, comfy, self built home on wheels - that I can get behind. As my option, not as a dire necessity.
“Handmade Houses on Wheels” is a collection of photos and plans for some beautiful cars/trucks/busses converted to homes, with style.
And now, camping to our regularly scheduled modeling....

No comments: