Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm going to the nice mom's house

My SD said it to her friend on the bus.
I'm the parent who helps her with her speling, reading and other homework. She seeks me out to help. When there are volunteers needed, she asks if I am coming to the school.
SD thinks she is an adult and TELLS me how things are going to be (she's 9) I don't tolerate little mommy's attitude and yes she was scolded.
So now I am the step-monster, which her mother feeds off.
My son was setting behind her and heard her make this comment about me. He was so angry and hurt, it bothered him Adult Webcam day at school.(I told him not to worry about it)
It upset my DH as well and he wanted to talk to SD when she comes back. I told him its a child who has been programmed by an adult so I am not worried about it.
I am hurt, but in no way wanting to replace mom, but I sure as hell want to be respected.
It's wearing me down and there is nothing I can do to make it better. I don't understand -- was it sarcastic? Like, 'Mommy Dearest'? She was saying I was the mean mommie's house. Her friend wanted to come over and her comment was, you can't. I'm going to the nice mom's house. Wow, KC Jayhawker, that would be so hurtful. My heart hurts for you tonight. "Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10b Kids get equally mad at Adult Webcam forms of parents. But if there's only one set, it's the nice mom and the mean mom Adult Webcam wrapped up into one, so they don't get to escape, they just get to go mope.
I know that was very hurtful, but I'll bet someday you'll be appreciated for Adult Webcam you've done for her. I know a lot of adults (my DH for one) who admit they gave their undeserving stepparents a rough time.
I hope she realizes sooner rather than later how great you are! Hopefully, someday she'll be a mom and realize Adult Webcam that you gave to her and she'll be appreciative. I'm sure that can take years, but I think most kids come around. I have a friend whose husband recently left. He comes around to see the kids or take them on an outing for a couple hours max each week. Her 4 year old doesn't really get it yet and her 4th grader is giving her a hard time, really testing boundaries and "Dad's more fun",etc. I really believe as he gets a little older he's going to realize who left, and more importantly, who stayed and chose to make those kids their first priority, not a priority when it was convenient and there wasn't a softball game to play in, a new bar he wanted to visit, a party to attend,etc. I think your SD will learn that you and her dad made the character-building lessons a priority and didn't take the easy way out. OH! I am so sorry. Words can so hurt. My SS is 21 and SD is 23. I was 19 years old when I met them in 1995. I have felt so rejected at times by both of them. My husband and his ex both grew up in dysfunctional homes. I grew up with a large loving family. So, I gave and gave my heart to SS and SD and it was broken several times. Especially as they got into teen years and up until maybe the last couple of months. My husband wanted me to realize that they hated Adult Webcam their parents at that time. But, I had a very hard time not taking it personal. Then as they became adults they were very self-centered. UGH! It drove me nuts. I probably went overboard in correcting and pointing out their faults. Yes, I admit it. I am still waiting for the day they realize how much I put into their lives and how much I love them. They are beginning to come around a bit, slowly, but their hearts are beginning to change.
Keep in touch with the situations you go through. I didn't have a support system and took everything personally. If I had M2M back then I know I could have had unbiased opinions from fellow moms

No comments: