Monday, December 1, 2008

1/43 Ferrari 312 T4 Tameo...build report

I have that build report over at a german forum but you people may like to read it as well, so I Adult Webcam post it here also.
The parts is the Tameo World Champioship parts and the seccond I received it I had to build it and did so !!! and it is a beauty.
so let's go and I hop you enjoy
daniel
-germany- ...let's start of with the body
Really not bad, BUT room for improvements
...if I go full detail there is something to change
-The openings for the brake coolings are solids but I want them hollow, just like the real thing
-All the vents must be opened. Only one is open (triangles) all others Adult Webcam be cut out later
The two cooling ducts are cut out allready. I was really scared that I Adult Webcam ruin the parts
The most scary part is nearly finished, the new ducts are in.
....don't ask how many times the kit broke off and I also solderdd some nice holes into the body..scary stuff
Here you see the new opened colling openings, now there are five.
Metal added from behind.
alot of filling has to be done
The skirt between the cooling ducts was cut away also and has to be redone from scratch.
After a little primer the whole thing doesn't look to bad. The PE meshes are allready bend and test fitted...a lot of modification to the openings where necessary to make them fit. Then Adult Webcam be painted seperately and attached as the very last step to make painting and polishing the body not to hard.
more to come
daniel
-germany- No we take a look at the monocoque. The nice thing is, it doesn't need paint only polishing to a high glossy look.
after a lot of sanding and polishing we have this and believe me it looks much better in reality..really
That cast in sterring part has to be removed and remod from metal tube...that knife fits so nice
A lot has happened.
The PE colling meshes where "blackened" and sanded back to metal that only the recessed kit stay black.
Die beiden Überrollbügel habe ich aus Metall selbst gebogen.
The cover for the head rollbar has been cut from metal sheet.. There is also the new turend fire bottle (this has been remode allready, bigger and better ! ) and the from for the "emergency off switch".
PE kit of the fuel tank are added but need further detailing to make it more 3D not so flat..
That is the original parts part, so I guess the scratchbuild rollbar looks nicer.
The PE frame from the fueltank was golden..and I hate golden PE kit I chemically made it silver mush better than painting. on to the engine..nice part but lots of scratchbuilding needed !
Painted and a little wash applied. The distributor was modified so that it can receive the plug wires. Due to it's small nice I only managed to drill ten holes in it instead of twelve, so I guess I have to fiddle those tow plugwires in there somewehere
Holes for the fuel lines have been drilled and 0.3mm fishingline was added.
In the next step I removed the fishing lines and replaced it for 0.15mm line. After it was in place I painted it clear orange.
The metal thing was turned on the lathe and detailed with PE nuts...but I have so idea what that thing is
A picture of the distributor withou the holes. The bottle has allready been cut of and Adult Webcam be replaced by selfmade turned piece..
A few of the ignitioncoil, that has alse been replace for a turned part.
even more to come
daniel
-germany- some bits and pieces
The exhaust was solid and has been modified with metaltube.
The polished spoiler. The scratches are only availble in the picture but I Adult Webcam polish it further anyway.
That seat was hard work. Fiddling seatbelthardware through those PE bucles is hard in 1/24 but guess how hard it is in 1/43..again looks much better in reality...really
hope you like it so far...currentyl doing lot of kit on the engine and desperately waiting for my Hiroboy package to arrive...let's hope the wires and cables Adult Webcam fit that small parts
daniel
-germany- Hey Daniel.
Fantastic work!! I love the improvements that you've made to various elements of the parts. The NACA ducts look really sharp and your polished wings and monocoque look great. Are you planning to seal the metal in any way? I have never tried this polished approach (mainly because I've only built modern cars so far..), but I would expect that the surface may dull slightly over time? maybe not - just a thought.
Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to the next update. This is going to be a beautiful model!!
best regards,
michael thanks michael. I Adult Webcam leave the monocoque but Adult Webcam clearcoat the wings to seal in the decals.
daniel
-germany- very detail and clear work flow
Thanks fantastic work so far, looking forward to more updates.
how do you chemically make the brass kit silver? Daniel
Awesome so far, I am currently doing a Tameo March 761, great fun, I'll post some pictures in another thread.
Now to the main question, I too am with Mr Grumpy, I HAVE to know how you chemically silver the kit, I HATE the brass!!!!!!! and this could come in useful on the March almost immediately!! Those small brass wheelnuts are a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: